Description of responsibilities:
• Take customer orders and expedites the service of food and drinks.
• Know the food menu and have some knowledge of the wine menu and cocktail offerings with the expectation of suggesting menu items appropriately.
• Provide warm, quick, efficient and friendly service
• Be customer service oriented for both internal and external guests
• Be reliable by showing up for shifts, completing work that is assigned during the shift, and staying for the duration of the shift
• Communicate with supervisors and management for desired training and personal development
• Serves guests quickly, efficiently and with complete knowledge of food and beverage menus.
• Offers superior customer service and maintains station in a clean and orderly manner throughout shift.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
• Warmly greets and acknowledges guests upon arrival.
• Makes drinks for Servers when ordered
• Effectively merchandises food and beverage menus in an informative, friendly and enthusiastic manner.
• Cleans, stocks, and maintains the bar throughout shift.
• Follows all safety and sanitation policies.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager at any time.
Other Experience/Skills Required
• Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
• Passionate and knowledgeable in Italian cuisine and wine
• Have at least 6 months prior experience serving in a full service establishment
• Fair customer service background
• Experience with dealing with cash and other payment options
• Ability to lift at least 25 lbs to shoulder level